This webinar took place on November 7, 2023.
FMCSA recently proposed the most sweeping changes to its Compliance, Safety, Accountability Program since the program’s launch in 2010. On top of that, the organization has proposed changes to its Crash Preventability Determination (CPDP) and DataQs Programs, plus released a rulemaking proposal to modify the approach to making Safety Fitness Determinations (SFD).
What does this mean for fleets?
FMCSA is significantly changing the rules of the game, and fleets need to know what’s coming. Those with a keen understanding of the potential impact of these proposed changes are best equipped to ensure compliance, manage risks, control costs, protect their reputation and maintain a competitive edge in the industry.
In this webinar, we explore:
- Details concerning the key changes proposed to CSA
- What FMCSA is proposing with its Crash Preventability Program
- How the agency is planning to adjust its DataQs program
- Modifications to FMCSA’s Safety Fitness Determination rulemaking
- How fleets can expect to be impacted
- Expert guidance on how to prepare for these changes
Additionally, we heard from Whip Around’s industry experts about their real-world experiences managing safety and compliance issues.
- Stephen A. Keppler | Co-Director, Scopelitis Transportation Consulting (former Executive Director of CVSA)
- Sean Garney | Co-Director, Scopelitis (former Director of Safety Policy at ATA)
- Pete Corcoran | Director of Sales, Whip Around
By preparing for what’s next, you can proactively address safety and compliance issues and minimize the likelihood of violations and safety incidents that can have far-reaching consequences.